Friday, August 21, 2009

Another Craigslist score

I've been all over the map about what to do with the rear shocks, from one spectrum to another including riding struts, road king shocks, cutting down the stockers...one thing's for sure I want it low. As with everything else "Harley" you have to pay to play in a big way. Lowered Progressive shocks are about $300 (can you say overpriced/overseas junk???). Seriously there's a piston and a spring that's it. I was dilligently searching Craigslist and came across these:
They're 10.5" which is about as low as you would care to go on a Sportster (some go 10" but remember I'm a big fella). At $70 I consider them a bargain, now just have to decide how to address the chrome-ocity issue. I'm thinking about smoking them so they look like black chrome, stay tuned. By the way, PASTOR AL and TOM WILLIAMS if your reading this you'll be happy to know these came off a HONDA VTX. It's my peace offering to you Honda lovers. Big thanks to Jessie's cousin Grant for picking them up in Eldorado Springs, MO.


Still waiting on some parts from HD to put the front end back together but here's a teaser shot I took to keep me motivated.






No comments:

Post a Comment