Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Let the games begin!

I made quick work of tearing it down, but I agonized over which direction to take the build. I really like the old-school bobber style however it seems that it's getting played out. Just like rat rods this too shall pass. The lastest family of "dark customs" by HD including the Nighster 1200 and Iron 883 caught my eye. I made the decision to go with and anti-chrome look inspired by these bikes. The theme will be black/black with painted 13 spoke wheels, 14 or 16" ape hangers, chopped rear fender, blacked-out engine covers, solo seat and short LOUD black pipes. The only thing I'm still up in the air on is the seat, no sure if I want a simple solo seat or thin springer type seat. Here's a couple good examples of the look:





No comments:

Post a Comment